City of Burnside’s long term strategic community plan, Be the Future of Burnside 2025, is our shared vision for the future of Burnside.
In 2025, our community will be defined by the statement:
We are renowned for our City’s green and leafy character and unique integrated urban form. We are highly regarded for our sense of community spirit, support for one another, social diversity and commitment to the environment.
In 2012 City of Burnside embarked on a community engagement process, where more than 700 community members and government agencies provided comments, ideas and visions on how they would like Burnside to be in the next 13 years and beyond. This community input formed the basis of the Community Plan:
Be the Future of Burnside 2025 .
The development of Be the Future of Burnside 2025 encompassed a number of stages. It involved research on City trends, forecast demographics, alignment to South Australia’s Strategic Plan and input from the Burnside Community, Elected Members of Burnside and Council staff.
- Research trends
- Researching trends affecting the City
- Forecast demographics and trends
- Policy Context
- Alignment to South Australian State Strategic Plan
- Alignment to 30 Year Plan for Greater Adelaide
- Community Engagement
- Draft Community Plan 2012-2025
- Be Involved – Community Engagement
- Flyer delivered to every ratepayer
- Online survey Engage.Burnside and hard copy surveys
- Statistically valid phone survey
- Written submissions
- Incorporate outcomes from community engagement
- Final Community Strategic Plan Adopted
- Adoption of Community Plan 2012-2025 on 27 November 2012
The success of this plan is the responsibility of the whole community and you are encouraged to actively participate in achieving a place and city that we will all be proud of.
For Council, areas identified within the Plan will inform and provide direction for the Burnside Corporate Plan which in turn will inform key strategic planning documents for Council. The Plan will guide the annual business plan and budget process.
Last Updated : 24/01/2013