Burnside volunteering - a proud history, a rewarding experience, an exciting future.
What is volunteering?
- Undertaken of your own free will
- For no monetary reward
- Does not take the place of paid workers, but complements the services that they provide
Through volunteering, you can:
- Have the opportunity to contribute
- Learn new skills and gain confidence
- Be a significant part of a team
- Make new friends
- Have fun
- Help promote awareness of the needs and services in our community
- Gain satisfaction in the knowledge that volunteering really does make a difference
What can I do?
View the Current Vacancies.
For more information on the variety of volunteering opportunities within the City of Burnside, download the Volunteer Brochure .
How do I apply?
- Download the Volunteer Application Form Volunteer Application Form and Volunteer Brochure .
- Please complete the form, then print off and sign the declaration. Ensure you complete all sections of the application.
- Return your application:
- post to:
Coordinator of Volunteers
City of Burnside
PO Box 9
Glenside SA 5065; or
- attach your Volunteer Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- in person to the Customer Service Desk in the Council Civic Centre. Do not return to the Library or Community Centre.
- You will be contacted after this to discuss your application.
- Current vacancies are matched to your skills and experience.
- General orientation and induction is provided prior to commencement.
- Specific training is then undertaken within the volunteer program for which you have been recruited.
Application forms are also available from the Council Customer Service Desk, Burnside Community Centre and Burnside Library.
If you would like information regarding current vacancies and the volunteer recruitment process please contact the Coordinator Community Events and Volunteers on 8366 4284 or email email@example.com
General information regarding programs is available by calling:
Library programs 8366 4280
Community Centre programs 8366 4232
3Rs programs 8366 4142
Biodiversity 8366 4267
Pepper Street 8364 6154
Graffiti Removal and Community Transport 8366 4222
Youth programs 8366 4109
Last Updated : 10/01/2013