Beat the Jam
Published on 01 February 2017
Festival season (February and March) is a busy time in Adelaide. Between the Adelaide Fringe, Adelaide Festival and the Clipsal 500, traffic can get a little congested for those that travel into the city to work or play.
To help reduce your travel time, here are a few alternative travel options to navigate the city easier:
- jump on a bike - shift from four wheels to two and jump on a bike, your express service to work.
- carpool - carpooling is a great way to save money, share the drive and reduce your carbon footprint.
- catch public transport - read a book, listen to some music, play Candy Crush, whatever you decide, public transport helps to ease congestion while giving you plenty of quality time to sit back and relax.
- walk to work - swap the car for a pair of your favourite kicks and avoid traffic by walking into work.
- linger longer - come in early for brekkie with friends or let yourself wind down after work and wait for the peak hour traffic to calm down, and discover what goes on in the city after 5pm.
More tips, journey planners, maps and upcoming road closures relating to events, can be found here.