Office of the CEO
Responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer
The Local Government Act requires Councils to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who is the senior member of the staff and is responsible for seeing that the policies of the Council are implemented.
Elected members and staff in a Council are a team who work together to meet the Council's obligations.
The staff, through the CEO, provide input into the decision-making process of the elected members by providing advice and information based on their specialist skills and knowledge.
The CEO also has a responsibility to act as an adviser to the elected members and to ensure that the Council acts within the law.
The Local Government Act gives the CEO responsibility:
- To execute Council decisions
- For the efficient and effective management of its operations
- To ensure that there is satisfactory human resource management
- For the development and implementation of management and financial plans and control
- For staff development and training
Chief Executive Officer
- Telephone(08) 8366 4200
Elected Member Administration & Support
Executive Team Administration & Support
Council & Committee Agendas & Minutes
Elected Member Workshop Coordination