Have your billing number ready then visit the Online Payments Portal and click through to the 'Rates Payment' section.
We currently accept Visa and Mastercard payments.
Apply for instalments to be debited from your nominated bank account on the instalment due dates.
Download and complete the the following forms:
Forms can be sent to email@example.com or PO Box 9, Glenside SA 5065.
eNotices is the new electronic delivery of rate notices which will make it easier and more convenient for you to manage your payments, save paper and reduce waste. You'll have your notice accessible on any electronic device (phone, tablet, laptop or desktop) and at your fingertips whenever you are ready to pay your rates; anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
More information on how to register for eNotices
Contact your participating Bank, Credit Union or Building Society to make this payment from your cheque, savings or credit card account.
For your billing number, see the top right corner of your account. Biller code: 8722.
BPAY View® sends your bills and statements straight to the same online bank you use to pay them. With BPAY View®, receive, pay and store your bills in your online bank.
- Login to your online banking account
- Look for the BPAY View® or View Bills section
- Register your bills
Apply for a rates payment plan
If you find yourself in financial difficulty and don’t believe you can meet your upcoming rates payment, you can apply to enter a payment plan or for an extension of time to pay.
Choose how much and how often to pay
If you wish to enter a payment plan, you must:
- Choose to spread your payments out into weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments.
- Start your plan within 1 month from when you submit your application.
- You must pay the full amount before 30 June 2019.
- You are welcome to pay more than this amount at any time during your plan.
Extension of time
If you need an extension of time to pay your rates account in full, you can choose a payment date within 1 month when you submit your application. You must make a full payment on or before this date.
If you believe you need more than 1 month, we recommend you enter a payment plan.
Rates will be overdue if they have not been paid by the due date as displayed on your rate notice. After this date, additional charges will apply:-
- a fine of 2% of the amount due will be added immediately and
- at the end of each month thereafter, interest (at the rate prescribed in the Local Government Act 1999) will be added on any balance (including Interest) not then paid.
What happens next?
- We will assess your application. If approved, we will send you a confirmation email with a payment schedule within 5 business days. The payment schedule will have the due dates for your payments.
- You do not need to wait to receive your confirmation email. You should start paying from the date you choose on your payment plan.
- You must set up regular payments with your financial institution (using Bpay). All your payment reference details are available on your rates notice.
If you are unable to make a payment
If for any reason you are unable to make your scheduled payment, please contact us as early as possible. Failing to pay your rates payments could result in legal action and further penalties will apply.
Rates Payment Plan Application
Call 1300 276 468, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week (for the cost of a local call).
For your billing number, see the top right corner of your account. Biller Code is 1358704.
Acceptable credit cards: Visa and Mastercard.
Please state the Customer Ref. No as displayed in the box located at the bottom of your notice. This number is required to ensure your payment is allocated against the correct property.
Post your payment with your payment slip to City of Burnside, PO Box 9, Glenside SA 5065.
Pay by cheque or money order. Avoid pinning or stapling payments.
Visit the Civic Centre
Present your account intact to the cashier at council offices, 401 Greenhill Road, Tusmore.
Payment is acceptable by - EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, cash, cheque and money order.
Australia Post Billpay
Take your notice intact to any Australia Post Office or Post Office Agency anywhere in Australia.
Payment is acceptable by cash, cheque or debit card.