City of Burnside Home Support Program

Home Support Program Information

City of Burnside Home Support Program Brochure

The City of Burnside offers a range of services, accessible in your own home, designed to maintain your independence and good quality of life.

We are here to work with you to develop plans to achieve your individual goals and continue living on your own terms. Offering a comprehensive range of services that will enable you to keep enjoying your independence and maintain control over your own life, our team will help you navigate the services that might benefit you.

Whether you’d like to share the load in the garden, for someone to accompany you running day-to-day errands, or would simply appreciate a hand getting out and about to enjoy some of the social activities you love, the City of Burnside Home Support Program is here to offer you services that suit your personal needs.

Your peace of mind is our priority and, as such, all services are provided by experienced, trained, qualified and police-checked staff.

Who is eligible for services?

The City of Burnside Home Support Program is funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). Eligibility for CHSP funded services is assessed on your support needs and age.

If you are having difficulty with day-to-day tasks at home, require support to continue living independently and improve your health and wellbeing then CHSP services may be able to assist.

To be eligible for services, you must be aged:

  • 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), or
  • 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.

The City of Burnside Home Support Program also provides services for those eligible under the South Australian Home and Community Care (HACC) Program, who have a recognised disability, are under 65 years and who don’t receive support through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

We understand everyone is different. Please speak with us if you require more information regarding your eligibility.

How can I access services?

To access services through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme you will need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

My Aged Care is the entry point for all community aged care services. My Aged Care will assess which types of services you are eligible for and provide you with approvals for these services. Once you have the approvals, you can then choose the City of Burnside as the provider of your services.

If you are a younger person with a disability, we encourage you to contact your disability service provider or Council to check your eligibility.

The City of Burnside Home Support team can assist you to navigate your way through aged care services, including making a referral to My Aged Care or contacting your disability service providers. 

If you require interpreting services, staff can assist you to access appropriately qualified, accredited interpreters with the Australian Government’s Translating and Interpreting Service, phone 131 450.

More information

City of Burnside Home Support Program Brochure

Client Contribution Schedule

Charter of Aged Care Rights

My Aged Care


How can we help?

Contact us, we are here to listen. Our friendly team is here to answer any questions you might have and connect you with the services you choose.

  • Home Support - 8366 4193
  • Transport - 8366 4222
  • Social/Fitness - 8366 4144