The In Home Support Program provides a range of home support services, home maintenance, minor home modifications and social activities to assist you to maintain an independent lifestyle.
For more information
Facilitator - In Home Support
Phone: (08) 8366 4227
Phone: 8366 4142
Through Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funding, trained home support workers provide a range of home support services to assist eligible clients to maintain an independent lifestyle. Services are available Monday to Friday and can include:
- Spring cleaning (twice a year)
- Short term fortnightly or monthly (usually 6-8 visits)
- Long term depending on specific eligibility criteria (wait list)
- Short or long term laundry assistance (weekly or fortnightly) to change bed linen and hang out laundry
- Short term with 2-3 visits per week for up to 3 weeks whilst recovering from illness or surgery
- Long term depending on specific eligibility criteria
- Short term or ongoing fortnightly shopping with home support worker (in home support worker's own vehicle); or
- 'Shopping list' where home support worker will collect a list and do the shopping for the client until client is able to drive again, or access the Community Shopping bus
- Short term respite/check-up visits if carer is away
- Long term respite packages up to 3 hours per week
- Interim Care Packages/Dementia Support Packages provide up to 3 hours in-home support per week.
- Check up visits/friendly visiting: A home support worker can make regular support visits (Monday to Friday)
Phone: 8366 4166
Would you enjoy learning to cook in a relaxed, hands-on environment with a small group of older Burnside residents? Join the six-week cooking classes held in the Burnside Community Centre Kitchen. Classes run according to demand. Cost is $60 for the six-week program.
Community Information Sessions
Guest speakers are invited to talk on a range of topics relevant to older people. Held in the Burnside Community Centre Hall on the second Tuesday of the month.
Join us on one of our many bus trips which visit a wide range of locations around Adelaide, including the Fleurieu Peninusula, Adelaide Hills and the Barossa Valley. Cost for the bus is $7, food and any venue/tour fees are extra.
Social Bus Trip Calendar - October 2017(PDF, 1MB)
Phone: 8366 4221
Essential home maintenance including:
- Changing light bulbs and smoke alarm batteries
- Installation of battery operated smoke alarms (not hard wired)
- Replacing tap washers & cistern washers
- Installation of perspex security door guards
- Installation of key safes
- Window cleaning
- Gutter cleaning (single story homes)
- Essential gardening
- Annual subsidised cleaning of air conditioner filters