Strength for Life Program
The Strength for Life program encourages older South Australians to attend strength training sessions by promoting the benefits of strength training to people over 50. The program aims to increase access to strength training programs for people 50 years and over by training and endorsing fitness providers to run sessions throughout South Australia.
Benefits of strength training for over 50's
- Improve balance and reduce risk of falling
- Enhance mental wellbeing
- Improve body composition (more muscle)
- Raise self-esteem and self-confidence
- Reduce lower back pain
- Enhance older people's ability to undertake activities of daily living and maintain an independent lifestyle
When are the sessions held?
- Monday 9.30 am and low impact class at 10.45 am
- Tuesday 9 am and 10.15 am
- Wednesday 8.50 am, 10 am and 5.30 pm
- Thursday 9.15 am and low impact class at 10.30 am
- Friday 9.30 am and 10.45 am
Where are the sessions held?
Dulwich Community Centre, 14 Union Street, Dulwich
Each session consists of:
- 10 minute warm up
- 35 minute strength training
- 10 minute stretching and cool down
A fee of $6 per session applies, a discount is available for 10 or more tickets purchased.
Before commencing with the Strength for Life program you will require one 45 minute appointment with an instructor to assess your fitness levels and prepare your personalised program.
To book your fitness assessment, please contact one of our instructors
- Bruce 0419 031 407
- Ruth 0427 183 976
- Michael 0414 663 744
In preparation for your fitness assessment, please print and complete the forms listed below from the COTA SA website and take them to your assessment
Tier 2 forms
- Enrolment Form
- Pre-activity Readiness Questionnaire
- Medical Referral Form
- Physio Referral Form
For further information please contact the Burnside Home Assist team on 8366 4142