The In Home Support Program provides a range of home support services, home maintenance, minor home modifications and social activities to assist you to maintain an independent lifestyle.
For more information
Facilitator - In Home Support
Phone: (08) 8366 4227
Phone: 8366 4142
Through Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funding, trained home support workers provide a range of home support services to assist eligible clients to maintain an independent lifestyle. Services are available Monday to Friday and can include:
1:1 Transport Assistance
- Assistance to attend medical or specialist appointments
- Help with shopping, paying bills or going to the chemist.
- Spring cleaning (twice a year).
- Short-term fortnightly or monthly (usually 6-8 visits).
- Long-term depending on specific eligibility criteria (wait list).
- Short or long-term laundry assistance (weekly or fortnightly) to change bed linen and hang out laundry.
- Short-term with 2-3 visits per week for up to 3 weeks while recovering from illness or surgery.
- Long-term depending on specific eligibility criteria.
- Short-term or ongoing fortnightly shopping with home support worker (in-home support worker's own vehicle) or,
- 'Shopping list' where home support worker will collect a list and do the shopping for the client until client is able to drive again, or access the Community Shopping bus.
- Short-term respite/check-up visits if carer is away.
- Long-term respite packages up to 3 hours per week.
- Interim Care Packages/Dementia Support Packages provide up to 3 hours in-home support per week.
- Check up visits/friendly visiting: A home support worker can make regular support visits (Monday to Friday).
Phone: 8366 4166
Would you enjoy learning to cook in a relaxed, hands-on environment with a small group of older Burnside residents? Join the six-week cooking classes held in the Burnside Community Centre Kitchen. Classes run according to demand. Cost is $60 for the six-week program.
Community Information Sessions
Guest speakers are invited to talk on a range of topics relevant to older people. Held in the Burnside Library on the second Tuesday of the month.
Information Session August 2019.pdf(PDF, 897KB)
Social Bus trips
Join us on one of our many bus trips which visit a wide range of locations around Adelaide, including the Fleurieu Peninsula, Adelaide Hills and the Barossa Valley. Cost for the bus is $7, food and any venue/tour fees are extra.
Jul Aug Sep Social Bus Trips Calendar.pdf(PDF, 2MB)
Phone: 8366 4221
Essential home maintenance including:
- Changing light bulbs and smoke alarm batteries.
- Installation of battery operated smoke alarms (not hard wired).
- Replacing tap washers and cistern washers.
- Installation of perspex security door guards.
- Installation of key safes.
- Window cleaning.
- Gutter cleaning (single storey homes).
- Essential gardening.
- Annual subsidised cleaning of air conditioner filters.