The City of Burnside runs a swim school for all ages from 12 months as well as school holiday and birthday party programs. Our Swim School program follows the school term operating only in Terms 1 and 4. The classes run after school hours Monday to Thursday and Saturday mornings. For information on our levels please see our Swim School Flyer.
We also provide swimming lessons for adults. There are different levels depending on your skill level. We even run stroke correction classes for those after a bit of help with their lap swimming. Call us today on 8366 4290 to have a chat about your swimming.
- Term 4: Monday 14 October - Saturday 14 December 2019 (9 weeks)
- Term 1: Tuesday 28 January - Monday 6 April 2020 (10 weeks)
Babies classes (Under 3 year olds)
- Term 4: Saturday 9 November - Saturday 14 December 2019 (6 weeks)
- Term 1: Saturday 1 February - Saturday 7 March 2020 (6 weeks)
- Monday 16 - Friday 20 December 2019 (5 x lessons)
- Monday 13 - Friday 17 January 2020 (5 x lessons)
Please note: lessons do not operate on public holidays and fees are pro-rata.
At Burnside Swim School we have a staggered enrolment process. Those enrolled in the previous term get first priority to enrol in the new term. Students from the previous term have a spot in their current class held during the dates stated below. Please note if you haven't enrolled (paid for the lessons) before the dates stated below your spot may be given to another student. The students previously enrolled then have the chance to move classes into the spaces remaining. The classes are then opened up to any new students that wish to enrol.
Please refer to relevant dates below and contact the centre on 8366 4290.
To secure your swim lesson booking, fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment. If enrolling over the phone the centre will accept VISA or MasterCard, if enrolling at the centre cash, EFTPOS, VISA or MasterCard will be accepted.
Term 4 2019
Students that were enrolled in Term 1 2019:
- Re-enrolling in the same class/day/time: Please call to re-enrol between 10 am Monday 23 September 2019 to 5 pm Thursday 26 September 2019. Please note: lesson payments act as confirmation of a booking and must be received by 5 pm Thursday 26 September 2019. Non-payment will result in the lesson reservation being cancelled.
- Enrolling into a different class/day/time: Please call to enrol from 10 am Wednesday 2 October 2019.
Those not enrolled in Term 1 2019, including withdrawn students:
- Please call to enrol from 10 am Friday 4 October 2019.
From Friday 4 October 2019 – bookings essential.
Holiday Program Enrolments
Enrolments for December and January Holiday Programs:
- Please call to enrol from 10 am Monday 11 November 2019.
Term 1 2020
Students that were enrolled in Term 4 2019:
- Re-enrolling into the same class/day/time: Please call to re-enrol between 10 am Monday 25 November to 12 noon Saturday 7 December 2019. Please note: lesson payments must be received by 12 noon Saturday 7 December 2019. Non-payment will result in the lesson reservation being cancelled.
- Enrolling into a different class/day/time: Please call to enrol between 10 am Monday 9 December to 12 noon Saturday 14 December 2019.
Those not enrolled in Term 4 2019, including withdrawn students:
- Please call to enrol from 10 am Monday 16 December 2019.
From Monday 16 December 2019 – bookings essential.
Swim School FAQ(PDF, 250KB)
Birthday parties are available to children six and over (6+) on Saturdays 12.30 pm - 2 pm for $20.00 per child. The birthday party includes pool entry for the party children and spectators, an hour of aquatic games with a qualified teacher, party bags, party invitations and a present for the birthday child.
To organise a birthday party at the centre please call 8366 4290 for more information.