The City of Burnside runs a swim school for all ages from 12 months as well as school holiday and birthday party programs. Our Swim School program follows the school term operating only in Terms 1 and 4. The classes run after school hours Monday to Thursday and Saturday mornings. For information on our levels please see our Swim School Flyer.
We also provide swimming lessons for adults. There are different levels depending on your skill level. We even run stroke correction classes for those after a bit of help with their lap swimming. Call us today on 8366 4290 to have a chat about your swimming.
Please note lessons do not run on Public Holidays (lesson costs are pro-rata).
- Term 4 2018: Monday 15 October - Saturday 15 December 2018 (9 weeks)
- Term 1 2019: Tuesday 29 January - Monday 8 April 2019 (10 weeks)
- Babies Program (under 3 years of age parent/child class):
- Term 4 2018: Saturday 10 November - Saturday 15 December 2018
- Term 1 2019: Saturday 2 February - Saturday 9 March 2019
- Holiday Program: Monday 17 - Friday 21 December 2018 and Monday 14 - Friday 18 January 2019
- Term 4 2018: $162.00
- Term 1 2019 $180.00
- Babies (under 3 years of age): $96.00
- Holiday Program 1 week Intensive: $90
- Prices stated are per student booking.
- Full payment is required upon booking to secure your spot.
- Prices will be pro-rata if you join part-way through a term or for terms containing public holidays.
At Burnside Swim School we have a staggered enrolment process. Those enrolled in the previous term get first priority to enrol in the new term. Students from the previous term have a spot in their current class held during the dates stated below. Please note if you haven't enrolled (paid for the lessons) before the dates stated below your spot may be given to another student. The students previously enrolled then have the chance to move classes into the spaces remaining. The classes are then opened up to any new students that wish to enrol.
Term 4 2018
Currently Enrolled Students (those enrolled in Term 1 2018):
- Same Class: enrol 9 am Monday 24 September to 5 pm Thursday 27 September 2018.
- Different Class: enrol from 9 am Tuesday 2 October 2018.
New Students (those not enrolled in Term 1 2018, including withdrawn students):
- New students 4 years and over with previous swimming experience require an assessment. If you require an assessment please contact the centre on 8366 4290 from Monday 24 September 2018. Please note: All assessments will be held from Wednesday 3 October.
- If you don't require an assessment you may enrol from 9 am Wednesday 3 October 2018.
Enrolments for December and January Holiday Programs: Monday 12 November 2018.
Term 1 2019
Currently Enrolled Students (those enrolled in Term 4 2018):
- Same Class: enrol 9 am Monday 26 November to 12 noon Saturday 8 December 2018.
- Different Class: enrol from 9 am Monday 10 December 2018 to 12 noon Saturday 15 December 2018.
New Students (those not enrolled in Term 4 2018, including withdrawn students):
- New students 4 years and over with previous swimming experience require an assessment. If you require an assessment please contact the centre on 8366 4290 to book.
- If you don't require an assessment you may enrol from 9 am Monday 17 December 2018.
Swim School FAQ(PDF, 111KB)
Birthday parties are available to children six and over (6+) on Saturdays 12.30 - 2 pm for $18.00 per child or a minimum cost of $234. The birthday party includes pool entry for the party children and spectators, an hour of aquatic games with a qualified teacher, party bags, party invitations and a present for the birthday child.
To organise a birthday party at the centre please call 8366 4290 for more information.