Occasionally we have unwanted or wrecked vehicles abandoned in our streets. These vehicles are usually dumped and can look unsightly and may well compromise road safety.
What to do?
- You should contact the Council on (08) 8366 4239 and report it. You should note the type of vehicle, registration number, colour and exactly where it is located.
- The Council officers will inspect the vehicle and take the appropriate action.
- The Council officers will need to check with the police as to find out whether the car has been stolen. Then the officer will need to check the Registrar of Vehicles and find out who the vehicle belongs to.
- Council officers will attempt to contact the vehicle owner to remove the vehicle prior to any action being taken. This may take 2-3 weeks.
- The vehicle may be impounded and taken to Manheim.
Please note; vehicles on private land will not be impounded.
For further information please contact the City of Burnside on (08) 8366 4239.