Burnside Community Centre
Our Program, Events and Activities
Centrally located at the corner of Greenhill and Portrush Roads, the Burnside Community Centre offers over 50 programs & activities each week & includes great spaces for your group or club to hire!
Throughout each week we host and offer many different art and craft classes, educational and language courses, games and activities, health and fitness, community transport support, council coordinated programs and clubs and special interest clubs/groups. There is an onsite café for catering, light meals and refreshments, a great children's playground and we are conveniently beside the Burnside Library.
See what's on at the Burnside Community Centre
Looking to Hire our Community Centre?
Venue hire is popular with residents and visiting groups as we offer a range of hire spaces on site including the main hall, small and large meeting rooms, kitchen and dining space, a lounge and our team also coordinates the bookings for the stunning Ballroom and Glenunga Hub.
Submit a Venue Hire Enquiry
If you have already submitted an enquiry and obtained a booking ID, please complete the Burnside Community Centre Hire Application form.
Burnside Community Centre Map:
We can offer you:
- Movable wall panels between the Hall, Space 2 & Space 3 allow for a variety of different sized spaces from small meeting areas to large halls.
- Commercial kitchen offering an oven, stove, dishwasher, continuous hot water system and small fridge with an adjoining Dining Room with seating for up 30 people.
- A PA system comprising 3 x cordless mics, 1 x lapel mic, iPod connection, CD Player, Tape Deck, Recorder and Hearing Loop is available to Hall hirers.
- A fixed data projector and screen is available in the Hall. Sound files in presentations can be played through the PA system.
- The Lounge is a Community Space between 9 am - 4 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays where members of the Community can come together to enjoy a game of snooker on one of the 2 snooker tables available, to interact with others or participate in one of the many programs on offer in a relaxed setting complete with tables and chairs, and a small kitchenette with continuous hot water system and bar fridge.
- The Centre is fully accessible for people with disabilities.
- Standard hire includes access to communal resources such as whiteboards, urn, projector screens as well as a kitchenette. 28 trestle tables and up to 240 chairs are available, to cater for all needs. Please check resource availability when booking the venue.
Venue Hire Fees
View the Burnside Community Centre Fees and Charges(PDF, 102KB)
Rates shown are for commercial bookings. Community groups may enquire about a discount.
- A security bond is required for hire of the venue outside of standard business hours. High risk events may incur additional bond.Community groups may apply for a discount.
- Public liability insurance: a minimum $10 million certificate of currency must be provided for public or commercial events.
- A commercial rate applies to functions where revenue is being raised in any way by the use of the premises.
- Venue is not suitable for 18th or 21st birthday parties.
401 Greenhill Road, Tusmore 5065 View Map