Burnside Winter Street Party
Published on 20 April 2018
The purpose of the Burnside Winter Street Party is to encourage you to get to know your neighbours, increase people's sense of belonging in their community and more importantly to have fun. So if you live in the City of Burnside, and if you want to host a street party this winter then we want to hear from you! We value the importance of community conversations and are here to help you start the dialogue!
Applicants can apply for a grant of up to $300 to hold a street party for consumables (food and non-alcoholic beverages). The City of Burnside will also cover the cost of the street closure associated with your event valued at over $600, including a traffic management plan, advertisement in the local newspaper notifying of the road closure and a member of Council staff to display appropriate road signage.
- Applicants must be residents and/or rate payers in the City of Burnside.
- Applicants must not live on a main road, bus route or busy street.
Applications open 17 April 2018 and close 4 May 2018.
Examples of what the grant can be used for
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Disposable plates and cutlery (please consider environmentally friendly options)
- Table cloths
- Minor games for everyone to enjoy (eg chalk for driveway drawing)
- Basic entertainment (eg a balloon twister, face painter)
What the grant cannot be used for
- Major items (eg tables, chairs, large games)
- Large equipment / entertainment (eg bouncy castle)
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Burnside Winter Street Party Terms and Conditions(PDF, 73KB) before applying.
What if I have other questions?
All enquiries regarding the Burnside Winter Street Party can be directed to:
Merran Fyfe Ph: 8366 4107 or email@example.com