Free hazardous waste drop-off day
Published on 15 October 2018
A household chemicals and paint drop-off event will be held from 9am - 3pm on Saturday 27 October 2018 at the Adelaide Waste and Recycling Centre, 181 Morphett Road, North Plympton.
This free service is for all South Australian householders and trade painters. Only household chemicals and up to 100 litres of paint will be accepted per load.
Large quantities of commercial chemicals from businesses will not be accepted.
- Acids and alkalis
- Brake fluids and coolants
- Cleaning products
- Gardening, chemicals (including insecticides, rodenticides, herbicides)
- Liquid paint - up to 100 litres
- Other household chemicals
- Photographic chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Solvents (including paint thinners, turpentine)
- Varnishes and stains
- Ammunition or explosives - contact SA Police on 131 444
- Asbestos and tyres - contact the EPA 8204 2004
- Fertiliser - use or donate to a community garden
- Pharmaceuticals - dispose of at your local pharmacy or doctor - visit returnmed for locations
- Household smoke detectors - these can be put in your waste bin
What to do
- Keep original labels on all containers or put labels on known chemicals.
- Package all materials securely to avoid spills.
- Place old containers in plastic bags or buckets to avoid leaks.
- Place smaller containers in a box or larger container to help with unloading.
- Transport chemicals in your vehicle's boot or trailer for easy and safe handling.
- For you safety please stay in the car and let staff unload materials.
Note: no containers or boxes will be returned - these are not emptied on-site.
The following items will be accepted, however there are other convenient options to recycle these.