Native Tree Giveaway
Published on 27 February 2020
Be part of growing our Urban Forest. Council is giving away FREE advanced native trees for you to plant in your garden.
City of Burnside residents, schools and community groups are eligible for one or more trees up to the value of $75.00 (GST inclusive per voucher) to encourage the planting of native trees on private land.
To get your FREE native tree, email the City of Burnside Customer Service Desk with your name, the address of the property and mailing address (if different from the property address).
A voucher/s will be posted to you via Australia Post.
Take your unique voucher to one of the participating nurseries to get your native tree.
You may be eligible for more than one native tree - check the T&C's below.
There are some T&C's:
The voucher conditions include the following:
- One voucher is redeemable for one native tree to a maximum value of $75 inclusive of GST.
- Council reserves the right to request an inspection of the planted tree at the nominated address.
- Vouchers are valid from 1 March 2020 to 1 December 2020.
- The tree must be planted at the nominated address.
- The tree is to be planted on private property only.
The species selected will be based on the following criteria to the satisfaction of the nursery staff:
- The plant must meet the criteria of a tall shrub or small tree as recognised by the nursery industry.
- The species is to be native to Australia.
- The tree must have a life expectancy greater than 20 years.
- Minimum pot size of 150 mm.
- Adelaide Advanced Trees, 264 Cherry Gardens Road, Cherry Gardens.
- State Flora Belair, Belair National Park and Bremer Road, Murray Bridge.
How many native trees can I have?:
- One native tree per voucher.
- Residential ratepayers located in suburbs identified as having low tree canopy coverage are entitled to two vouchers. These suburbs include Auldana, Beulah Park, Dulwich, Eastwood, Erindale, Frewville, Glenside, Glenunga, Kensington Gardens, Kensington Park, Leabrook, Linden Park, Magill, Rose Park, Rosslyn Park, Tusmore and Toorak Gardens.
- Residential ratepayers located in the remaining suburbs – one voucher.
- Residential body corporates – one voucher per unit/residence.
- Schools located within the City of Burnside – three vouchers.
- Community groups or organisations within the City of Burnside – two vouchers.
- Clubs/groups based on Council leased land (subject to lease arrangements) – two vouchers.