Rate notices are sent out 30 days before the payment due date. Therefore you should receive your notice by the end of July, October, January and April.
If you haven’t received your rates notice, check:
- The address you have with us is up-to-date
- If you are a landlord, your rates notice may have been sent to your real estate agent
- If you have registered to have your notices emailed to you via eNotices, check your inbox by searching email@example.com, check your spam mail or sign into your eNotices account to view all of your notices
- If you have registered to have your notices sent to you via BpayView, please sign into your net banking and find the Bpay options to view
- If you have bought a new house, the rates may have been paid at settlement.
eNotices is the new electronic delivery of rate notices which will make it easier and more convenient for you to manage your payments, save paper and reduce waste. You'll have your notice accessible on any electronic device (phone, tablet, laptop or desktop) and at your fingertips whenever you are ready to pay your rates; anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
eNotices and Online Payments
If you have recently bought a property in the City of Burnside and would like to register to receive your ratenotice via email you will need your first rate notice to enable you to sign up for eNotices.
To update your email address for electronic notices please sign in to your eNotices account and update your details.
BPAY View® Rate Notices
Burnside ratepayers have the opportunity to receive their Council rate notices electronically via BPAY View®.
BPAY View® sends your bills and statements straight to the same online bank you use to pay them. With BPAY View® , receive, pay and store your bills in your online bank.
Signup today in three simple steps:
- Login to your online banking account
- Look for the BPAY View® or View Bills section
- Register your bills.